Thursday, June 11, 2009

One more day

Tomorrow is my last day of work at the Ministry of Economics. Basically, I am cleaning up my office, getting rid of 2.3 years of accumulated paper, and saying good-bye to my great view of the Russian Embassy from my window.

These past years that I have been working at the Mexican Government, I have realized that public service is the most uncertain job ever. When you get to your office in the morning, you could easily find:
  1. A dead cow hanging from a flag-pole and two thousand litters of milk poured in the entrance of your building by angry milkmen
  2. A letter of an unknown man from Oaxaca state asking the President for a house and 20,000 USD for providing confidential information about a secret gold mine in his backyard
  3. The cleaning lady has eaten the chocolates you left inside your desk

It has been a really interesting and exciting experience. However, it is also an almost-karoshi adventure. With several more pounds, fewer hair, and many bureaucrats in my friends' list, I say good-bye. Nomorekaroshi. Nomaskaroshi.

5 comments:

  1. No more karoshi!!

    No more hanging cows!!

    No more "acuerdos"!!

    Yeiiii!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah uh uh!!!

    For been an amateur in the blogging universe I think you made a really good intro and have a very nice design for it!! Roberto told me you were going to spend 2 months in india!!! Casilda has been there for 5 months and she is coming back this saturday, If you need any help just tell me and I can contact you with her.

    Suerte, aldo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venga!! No more bureaucratic hair!!!
    Me encanta tu blog, trataré de seguirlo!
    Miri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jajaja, no puedo creer q estes haciendo esto!!!
    wow!!!!! obviamente lo voy a seguir!!!

    suerte!!!
    i&i

    ReplyDelete
  5. jajajaja... se comieron tus chocolates..jajaja
    onvio... seguire esto...

    ReplyDelete